Thursday, March 15, 2007

bugs...

There are few things that can creep me out like the feeling of a bug/animal on/in/around my face/head. Once, when I was about 10, I was working in the yard when I heard a buzzing sound and felt a bug fly into my ear. I dropped whatever I was holding and reflexively smacked my ear so hard that I not only knocked my guest further down the canal, but I knocked it out as well. I ran inside in panic mode and told my dad, who laughed at me as I nervously danced around. He then took me into the kitchen, grabbed a straw, stuck one end into my ear, and blew a few times. A few seconds later I heard a little buzz and felt the bug fly out. Weird.
A couple of years later, while taking a nap one lazy summer afternoon, I felt something on my face. It took me a minute or two to fully wake up, and when I did, I realized that a fly had been scrounging around on my lip. Nice.
A few more years passed and our family was watching a little toy poodle for some friends of ours. It usually would sleep on the floor of my room. One night I was dreaming that I was eating something, but it felt really strange on my palate. As I slowly rose to consciousness, I opened my eyes to find that disgusting little mutt licking the inside of my mouth! I threw the dog across the room and rushed into the bathroom where I spent a good 15 minutes brushing and gargling with Listerine. Sick.

No comments: