Tuesday, June 19, 2007

longest week ever!

Immediately after I completed the phase II interview I was totally relaxed. Such was the expected outcome. I was hoping that I would remain calm until I heard the results; however, resting easy is proving difficult. I can’t help but wonder what the outcome will be, and while doing so I can feel my pulse quicken. I do not like to think that my future is in their hands, but I am resigned to the fact that God will use the outcome to perfect His design for my life.

Psalm 37:23 & 31 says:

The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.
The law of his God is in his heart; none of his steps shall slide.

I believe that God has directed the steps of my life thus far. I’m not saying that I’m a “good man” as the Psalm describes, but I desire God’s will for my life and I believe that He has used the decisions I’ve made to bring me to this point in my life.

I don’t completely understand how Providence and my free will can be so completely intertwined, but I like to think of it like this: I chose the truck that I bought. I chose the college I went to. I chose the wife that I married. God has given me a free will to do as I choose. However, when my life is aligned with His Word and I truly desire His will in my life, then when I lift my foot to take a step toward a decision that I’ve made, I can trust that the Lord will guide that step so that I land on solid ground. Many of life’s decisions are left to us, but whatever the outcome we can trust that God can and will use it to perfect our lives in Him.

The moral of my story is that I’m getting very impatient and I want to know now!

No comments: