Friday, June 29, 2007

so sleepy...

Ok, I was hoping I could brag tonight about my slideshow over --->

But now I find myself beyond tired as I claim victory over Blogger's html code and I simply haven't got the energy. I may have won, but I'm paying the price - lost sleep. It took me no less than 5 programs, 3 hours, and endless rounds of trial and error in order to get 'er done; but, as you can see, I finally did it.

After a few Google searches turned up nothing, I thought that perhaps it couldn't be done. After all, Google does know how to do everything, right? Or so I thought. But alas, my tenacity has won out over my complete ineptitude with all things code. It's been fun, but I'd still prefer a nice click and drag interface over staring at this:

#outer-wrapper { width: 750px; margin:0 auto; padding:10px; text-align:left; font: $bodyfont; }
#main-wrapper { width: 400px; float: left; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ }
#sidebar-wrapper { width: 300px; float: right; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */

2 comments:

RhodeDog said...

Phil...

Pick up the phone, dial the digits. Anyhow, congrats on finally getting it.

pellis said...

I actaully did think about calling you, but it was getting late and didn't want to wake the littles.