Wednesday, May 23, 2007

FBI Update

Well, I’ve made it to Phase II of the FBI’s application process! I am really excited, but pretty nervous about it! It consists of a 90 minute written test and a 60 minute interview with a panel of three agents. During the written portion, you basically have to write a report based on information they provide. The interview consists of 14 standard questions that are asked of every applicant, and is designed to test 8 particular critical skills and abilities that the Bureau is looking for in its new agent trainees. (The entire interview is tape recorded as well.)
I’m heading to Tampa on June 6th for a little prep session with my applicant coordinator. The actual Phase II is in Ft. Lauderdale on the 15th. Needless to say, I’m getting more nervous as the day approaches, but Beth and I have been praying a lot, and I’m getting close to feeling prepared for it. If I do pass, then a few weeks later I’ll have to do the physical fitness test, which is going to be tough! I’ve been running and working out a lot, so hopefully I’ll be ready, if and when the time comes.
Only about 10-15% of applicants make it this far, and of those people, 50% fail Phase II. Not great odds, but I’m trying to be confident, and regardless of the outcome, I’m thankful to have even made it this far!