Thursday, May 17, 2007

wedding pictures

Well, we finally got our wedding pictures (9 months later). Here's the deali-o:
We paid several hundred dollars for a midrange package including about 4 hours of picture taking, a small photo album with a bunch of proofs in it, and a pretty nice wedding album. After the wedding, Beth decided she wanted to go all out on the wedding album, so we needed to pay an extra $600 for the wedding album upgrade. Don't get me wrong, the album was very nice, and I wanted to provide for my new wife's every whim, but $600 is alot of cash, and being newly wedded, we didn't have that just lying around.
We'd been saving for awhile for the album for her, and a glock for me. The glock was cheaper, so once we had the money, we went ahead and bought it. I wasn't being selfish, though, because we had some money coming in for my tax return, and I had every intention of getting the album within a few weeks. Well, a few unexpected bills came up and drained the rest of the money we'd saved, so no album yet. We were going to just keep saving for it, but we got a call a couple of weeks ago saying that the price of the album was going up, so we'd have to pay the $600 now, or even more later. Well, it's been nearly 9 months since our wedding, and the desire for that expensive album has been waning for awhile in my bride's mind. Beth called Dan last week and they decided that in lieu of getting either album, or a refund of some of the money, we'd just get all of our pictures on a cd for us to do with them what we will. I think this is a much better deal, because we can always take our pictures and convert them to an album later, but you cannot do the reverse. Plus, now I have all the pictures in digital format, so I can post and email them to my heart's content.
So, that's the short version of the story...
And here's one of my favorite pictures (mostly because my eyes are actually open in it):