Tuesday, July 17, 2007

“Always read stuff that will…”

"…make you look good if you die in the middle of it.”
–P.J. O’Rourke

A new employee just started a couple of weeks ago and was given a desk across from me in my office. As I was walking by her desk today, I happened to glance over and read the title of the book she was apparently reading: Principles of Manipulation. As I walked back to get a better look, I was considering having a heart-to-heart with her boyfriend, who is also an employee here. It turned out that a cup on her desk was hiding a rather necessary word. Actual title of the book: Principles of Gene Manipulation.

Those silly biologists and their gene manipulation!

2 comments:

RhodeDog said...

Books that will make me look good if I die...

Does that mean I should stop reading the "Halo" novels?

pellis said...

Just the opposite, my friend. Just the opposite.